Monday, December 29, 2008

old school memory

I miss being a part of something. Performing in front of people, or for people. For instance, band in 6th grade was the BEST band ever, especially because the trumpets were the main part of the band. I felt so accomplished at all of our concerts because I worked so hard to get the music just right. I guess after 6th grade, it wasn't quite my passion anymore, I lost total interest in playing ever since I attended Hauppauge Middle School. I guess I was so overwhelmed in everything else, because I was still in elementary school for 6th grade, and my parents took me out of Central Islip and put me in Hauppauge, which their 6th grade was middle school, which was WAY different than elementary. Ever since Hauppauge band, I never really tried, or wanted to try. The passion was lost, leaving me to forget how to play trumpet as well as I used to know, and once I went back to Central Islip, I sucked, but I still stayed in the band. When highschool hit, it was now time for marching band, I'd have to admit, I loved this, because it was marching band. It was extremely fun, performing on the intermission of every football game. It was extremely fun when all the bands had to go to Hoftra University to perform & compete. I guess that's where my passion for band came into play again, but than I got moved to the Academy of St. Joseph, where I could no longer take up marching band.

No comments: